We've been with the ladies of The Game through almost every hair style imaginable. There was Melanie's wrap, the short cut she wore when she was "dancing and emphasizing", Tasha's layered weave, the bob, the Charlie's Angel redux, and now finally-the twist-out.
The twist-out is a great way to create a wave pattern and works well on natural hair. Remember those crinkle irons from the early '90's? We don't really need to invest in those. Not when you can do a twist-out. It's a great, easy style that gives your hair a break from heat and stress.
Here's what you do.
- Wash, condition and de-tangle your hair.
- Separate your hair into sections and then twist two strands together, making sure to apply a curl definition product to each twist as you go. The twist don't have to be perfect, so don't stress. You'll get the same result.
- Let your hair air dry. You can sit under the dryer, but it's not necessary.
- Once your hair is completely dry, undo your twist and apply a moisturizer, to give your hair some sheen.
- You separate strand by strand for volume or leave it in bigger chunks for more definition.
- This style will last you a few days and you shouldn't need to retest. You can use a satin bonnet to sleep to avoid frizz.
For more details on creating a twist-out, click here.
Source: BET.com, Twitvid